Thursday, January 17, 2013

Love is... My Mommy

I have been sharing about my journey in life with my mom.  At 94, she was entering into her final months, weeks and days of life.  This past Monday, she entered into her final hours.

I always wrote on her holiday and greeting cards (like the old cartoons) Love Is... My Mommy.  Love, is one (of many) great gifts my mom shared with me in her 94 years of life, and my 45.

Even after her last breath she was teaching, preaching, loving and caring for those around her.  My brother and I who have been distant with each other, have reconnected.  Her roommate (who because of dementia) was not always a easy person to love or be with, was nicer, caring and played the role of care taker a few times.  Staff members shared that my mom was one of the kindest person they have cared for.

Monday night, after being surrounded by a day with; her sons, son in laws, daughter in laws and other family members (and a grandson on the phone) she took her last breath.  We were two blocks away when we found this out.

I am grateful for the gift of seeing her life journey (including her death) as beautiful, peaceful and loving.  I think her last breath was as special and unique as her first.  The moment we are born, we are old enough to die.

I am mindful that it is never to early to begin preparing your end of life decisions.  Have those talks, complete paperwork and prepare today.  Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

I am mindful that death is a necessary and beautiful part of our life.  It will be what we make of it.  Love, light and special?

I am mindful that you get from the universe what you give.  What do you give in place of what you have taken?


Rev. Royal D. Bush is the founder of Inclusive Life, where he serves as a multifaith Chaplain.  He shares this message to all: “You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.” 

Chaplain Royal is available for Premarital Coaching, Couples Coaching, Grief Support, End of Life Planning, Hospital Visits, Baptisms, Blessings, Dedications, Officiate Weddings, Officiate Funerals, and other Pastoral Care.

ABOUT INCLUSIVE LIFE PASTORAL SERVIVES…
Religious, nonreligious, spiritual, we serve all without exception.
info@inclusivelife.org
OFFICE (402) 575-7006          TEXT (402) 909-1668
3622 Leavenworth Street Omaha, NE 68105

No comments:

Post a Comment