Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It catches up with you

I was just sending a FaceBook message to a dear friend who stood up with me at our wedding this past July.  I shared with him that despite my many "automatic" posts to social media sites (pre-programmed the month before) and have not been "plugged" into the computer much since the middle of December.

I think, in retrospect, the holidays were VERY  V E R Y overwhelming for me this year.  Mom being permanently being placed in the care facility and not being home actually drained me a bit.  I had a couple of funerals, and many friends who lost loved ones and friends.

Sometimes being a person who hears a lot of grief, helps with those in grief and experiences grief just like everyone else, there comes a point when we have to take care of mind, body and spirit.  We are too often better givers of help then hearing it.

I have often said I do not know it all (religion) and the many things I do know mostly pertain to my very personal view, opinion, experience and thoughts about what I have learned in my 45 years of life.  And it is my hope, prayer and thought that my words, silence, touch, prayer and love well  help you in some way regardless of your religious, nonreligious or spiritual belief.  Your relationship with the sacred is just that...your relationship with the sacred.

I think I sum up life is about two things.  Understanding what makes you happy.  And, sharing that which makes you happy with others.  It is a gift, a present to share with all.

No comments:

Post a Comment