Friday, January 11, 2013

About me, Page 1

I bought a book recently titled "The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays" by Theresa Cheung.  The first page that was opened was for the date of October 12th, the birthday of the effusive complexity!

It says my greatest challenge is...getting over yourself.  The way forward is to understand that although you may be at the center of your world, this does not mean that you are at the center of everyone else's.

The first sentence of the breakdown of the October 12 people is "Heads turn when the larger-than-life personalities of people born on October 12 enter a room."

I am unable to disagree with what has been presented, so far.  And those that know me and those that know me very well, would not be able to either!

I wonder if each of us feel that "we" are special, unique or different.  I have given thought to this and wonder if growing up in single parent family, in smaller towns, being surrounded by the people that I did, being gay, being adopted within my family, all of those life experiences, have helped me to make me feel that I have lived such a unique life that my journey has allowed me to feel that I am different from everyone else's experience.

I understand that I, like us all, have an ego.  And that ego needs to be checked (and sometimes re-checked.)  I also understand that putting others first brings power, humility, and growth like no other to ones own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment