Thursday, August 23, 2012

Turmoil

I took this photo while on the ferry heading to Chebeague Island.  It represents a place that I have been in my life many times, perhaps you have too.

This photo, to me, clearly illustrates "smooth" life can be going on along and then... here it comes.... the rough waters.

We all have rough water times in our life, some on a larger scale than others. Some more often.  Some with reoccurring reasons.

What I have realized after my 44 years of life is that there seems to be times when I made choices (often bad ones) I knew that it was not the best choice (my little voice said, my intuition guided me, my heart knew...) and somehow I knew that rough waters were coming.  It was as if I knew I brought them on, called them if you will, to come to me, by making the decision(s) I did.  (I don't remember that being a class in high school between typing and world geography.)

I agree with and repeat often that we are the authors of our own life story.  We, and we alone, make the choices, decisions and to a degree; the direction in our life.  And I also say that I am grateful for the many "unwise" decisions I made in my life.  I am not proud or glad I made them, I am thankful that I made them early enough in life that I could reap the benefits of such experiences and share that with others in hope that they may see an alternate choice for themselves in their life journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment