Friday, August 24, 2012

The First Day


We arrived on Chebeague and Peter (Father in-law) was there to meet us on the dock with Abbie (THE dog…)  We went to the house and got settled.  Linda (mother in-law) was at home awaiting our arrival.  From the moment I stepped into house, I felt safe, warm and comfortable.  It was a sacred space.  They invited us to attend a meditation group with them, one that they attend each week.  We agreed. 

We had dinner at the Crab Shack, a local kitchen.  It was my first time trying Hallock and clams.  I enjoyed them both, very much.  After dinner we headed over to Beverly and Dave’s.  Their extra large picture window provided a breathtaking view of Chebeague Islands East view of the Casco Bay.

Dave began playing the crystal bowls, as we closed our eyes, concentrated on our breathing, cleared our minds, and allowed our mind, body, soul and spirit to rest and just be… the song, vibrations and rhythm of the bowls transported us to our inner-selves.   


After being there for a couple of hours we headed home.  For me it was a feeling of peace, calm, quite, warmth, love and serenity.  This was the first time that I have felt this at once.

I didn’t sleep well that night (Tuesday) but it wasn’t because my mind was busy, it was because my body was awake.   

It is not often that I allow myself time to stop.  I don’t remember ever being able to shut my mind off and just be still (mind, body, soul, spirit.)  I believe that this was the first time that I experienced the calmness that is seen, watching a vibration in the water…


We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves. 
One day.  One journey.  One person, at a time.
May peace, love and compassion be with you…AND from you!

Rev. Royal D. Bush is the founder of Inclusive Life, where he serves as a multifaith Chaplain.  He shares this message to all: “You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.”  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary.  He holds a current certificate of spiritual counseling with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling and is a member of Spiritual Directors International.  He actively volunteers and remains active in many social justice issues.

Contac me:
402-575-7006
3622 Leavenworth Street Omaha, NE 68105

No comments:

Post a Comment