Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My vibration...

As I began this trip to Maine to visit family, I realized in many ways it would be a bit of a "retreat" for me.  Many firsts.  My first time in a ferry, my first time to Maine, my first time to Chebeague Island, and my first time staying with my Father In-law and his wife.

On the ferry ride over, I was mesmerized by the waters of the Castco Bay (part of the Atlantic Ocean)

It reminded me of this blog, and I didn't know why.  Perhaps it was the "vibrations" that I saw in the water.  Maybe it was the vibrations that I knew were going on at home with some unfavorable news in the community.  Or maybe it was something else.  Only time will tell.

My mother in-law is a retired UCC Minister.  Her and I have talked a lot over the years, and we have had some great conversations.  I knew we saw eye to eye on many aspects of faith, spirituality and religion.  Tonight at dinner she shared a more personal view of aspects of her journey in life.  She has inspired me to journal again, this time from my heart and not from my head/for the ministry.

I look forward to continuing this with you all...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment