Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reading


If there are two things that people do not know about me is 1) I am a reader, I love to read.  Books, pamphlets, stories, magazines, the paper, anything that I can learn from.  And 2) If there is an eccentric side to me, it is with regard to what and how I read.

I do not read fiction.  I read mostly “guiding”, help with…, books that involve ones journey through life, and some may be faith based, and some not.  I read them on my Kindle, in books, in magazine, in newspapers.  I read them on the plane, in the car (not while driving Meg), (and yes my seatbelt is on), doctors office, etc.

The last book I had my nose it was Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi.  I LOVE HER!  Time released their top ten books for 2011, I have heard of two. 

Nonfiction: 10) A Book of Secrets.  9) Blue Nights.   8) Boomerang.  7) A Singular Woman.  6) Pulphead.  5) The Information.  4) Everybody Loves Our Town.  3) Inferno.  2)Steve Jobs.  1) 1493. 

I wonder how many of you have read or heard of these titles. Regardless of fiction or nonfiction, religious or not, I do hope that you encourage yourself (and family if you are surrounded by such) to read.  It helps us keep our minds fresh, new and alive.  It makes us think, helps us dream and allows a bit of an escape.

Can’t afford new books, no worries, I can help with that.  Your public library is a great source for two things… A) A place to go check out books for FREE!!! And B) Offers space that is warm, clean and safe to read them in.  Try it, you will like it! 

Omaha, Council Bluffs and Lincoln are VERY blessed cities for having great libraries.  They want you to use them!  Many offer great outreach programs for individuals, couples and families.

We can be the change we seek in this world. and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One book at a time.

Royal D. Bush serves as a Multifaith Chaplain with Inclusive Life.  He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He also holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. Chaplain Royal shares two important messages: You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.  And: Now is time in this world that every human being is called to life up the weak, offer a hand UP to the impoverished, cherish our elders and stand up for the oppressed.  Chaplain Royal is available in Omaha for premarital coaching, couples coaching, life coaching and pastoral care.  He is also here to help with marriage ceremonies, end of life planning and funerals.


Inclusive Life offers both nondenominational and nonreligious care-serving all, without exception!   Inclusive Life offers Wedding Ministers, Premarital Coaching, Couples Coaching, Funeral Ministers, End of Life Planning, Pastoral Care, and Pathways Worship.

To reach Chaplain Royal or Chaplain Beth please email info@inclusivelife.org OR phone
402-575-7006. 105 S. 49th Street Omaha, NE and 500 Willow Ave Council Bluffs, IA. 

Omaha Weddings. Omaha Counseling. Omaha Funerals, Nebraska Weddings
Council Bluffs Weddings, Council Bluffs Counseling, Council Bluffs Funeral, Iowa Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment