Sunday, September 15, 2013

2013 Week 37

Each Sunday I share a photo and word that represents what I am grateful for and brief message.

GRATEFUL WORD:
SPIRITUALITY.  I have come to know that many churches in the Omaha area experience lower attendance and participation.  Some say that it stems from when families traveled to the "coast" or the beach for the summer for vacation, where it was cooler (since many churches had no AC.)  

I am a witness to the connection that people have; especially when they are open, vulnerable, and authentic.  I see, feel, understand, and am "hungry" for that very connection with others.  Sometimes I am fed through hugs, sometimes by holding hands, sometimes by listening, and sometimes through prayer (I love praying and being mindful when surrounded by powerful beautiful music.)

I know the word spirituality is controversial (at best) with many people.  Some will dismiss it, some will say it does not exist, and some will site why it is impossible to be.  I am one of the many people who do believe in a spiritual connection with others.  I might not be able to define spirituality in terms that you would understand, agree with or consider, and that is ok.  I am not trying to convince you to believe what I believe.  I would ask that you allow me permission to continue believing what I know to be true.

I am Royal Bush, I believe that all living beings are connected by love, life, energy, faith, family that perhaps makes up what I know as spirituality.  

     

2013 Week photo:


  
Chaplain Royal
INCLUSIVE LIFE PASTORAL SERVICES AND HOLISTIC CARE
3622 Leavenworth Street Omaha, NE 68105
OFFICE: (402) 575-7006  TEXT: (402) 909-1668




We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves. 
One day.  One journey.  One person, at a time.
May peace, love and compassion be with you…AND from you!


Rev. Royal D. Bush is the founder of Inclusive Life, where he serves as a multifaith Chaplain.  He shares this message to all: “You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.”  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary.  He holds a current certificate of spiritual counseling with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling and is a member of Spiritual Directors International.  He actively volunteers and remains active in many social justice issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment