Friday, September 28, 2012

Source


A quote I read really prompted me to share some thoughts about the journey of my journey with Inclusive Life.

The quote was by Br. David Steindl-Rast and he writes “Faith is the courageous confidence that trusts in the Source of all gifts.”

That resonates with me, in my life, in my experience and my journey in “steering” Inclusive Life.  A few years ago I would have used the word building instead of steering.  I certainly understanding that I am helping steer. 

From the very first moment we began looking at buildings for the Inclusive Life Foundation, I knew something good was going to happen (and it was not just recalling the words of Oral Roberts…)

We looked at lots of locations.  Some felt just right.  Others not so much.  We set looking aside for a bit.  And one day an email came to me and I followed up.  The instant that I toured the place I knew it was our next step, no, not the end all be all, just the next step.

3622 Leavenworth was the first office location for the Nebraska AIDS Project some 20 year ago.  With it, now also came the 3620 bay, in all, almost 2300 square feet of space.  How can we afford that?

In August I negotiated a 5-year lease for the spaces and committed to moving forward.  On August 17th I signed the lease and got the keys.  We had to make changes to the floor layout, it needed painting, upgrades, and carpet!  How can we afford all of this? 

HAVE FAITH!

Two friends, Jean-Paul and Jeff who own Top 2 Bottom Renovations donated labor (and some materials) to frame, hang drywall, and so much more to begin the process.  Volunteers mudded, sanded, painted, vacuumed, cleaned, and took trash to dumpster.

By the middle of September, before all updating is done, we have all of the space leased.  It will house Inclusive Life Pastoral Services, Catch Creative Video and Photography Services, Heartland Pride President, and the GLBT Outreach Center (formally located at 19th and Leavenworth.)

HAVE FAITH!

When we “ran out” of money I was thinking how will we pay for this or that?  A couple would then book a ceremony, or a payment on an account would come in or…  It all worked out.  Carpeting was out last hurdle.  And after 2 ½ hours of “computer work” we were able to pay for all of the carpeting!

This center will serve as a place for many to meet, I am most excited about what it can accomplish and achieve in the coming years.  I just need to remember when in doubt… wait for it, wait for it… that courageous confidence that trusts in the Source of all gifts.

We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves. 

One day.  One journey.  One person, at a time.

May peace, love and compassion be with you…AND from you!









Rev. Royal D. Bush is the founder of Inclusive Life, where he serves as a multifaith Chaplain.  He shares this message to all: “You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.”  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary.  He holds a current certificate of spiritual counseling with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling and is a member of Spiritual Directors International.  He actively volunteers and remains active in many social justice issues.

Contact me:
402-575-7006
3622 Leavenworth Street Omaha, NE 68105

No comments:

Post a Comment