Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Today me, tomorrow...


It took me a long time in life to understand “today you, tomorrow me.”  For the first ¾ of my life it was me, me, me.  I talked about me, I promoted me, I loved me.  The truth is there was nothing of substance to love at that point in my life.  No, I was not a horrible person.  I did do some good things, but there always had to be an angle that would benefit me in some way.


Today you, tomorrow me.  An enlightenment of life that I have is that it IS about paying it forward.  It is about doing to others as you would have them do to you.  It is about karma.  It is about doing what is right.  It is about being a good neighbor.  And it will come back to you.


A young man was kicked out of his home because his parents learned he was gay.  They asked him to hide it or “change” as it did not reflect their religious values.  He said no, they asked him to leave.  With a part time job, nothing but his clothes to his name he moved out.  We were getting ready to move and I said that I had a chair to give a way.  He called, we met and he told me his story.  He left with a chair.  A sofa.  A kitchen table and chairs.  A set of dishes.  Glasses and silverware.  I didn’t know how I was going to explain what I had done nor how I would replace those items.  It all worked out.


We can live with less, most of us, even those of us without large bank accounts, have more than we need.  When we share what we have with others it creates the pay it forward effect that does make a huge difference in this world.  I truly believe that.  Today you need help and I will be there for you.  Tomorrow I may need it.


What do you have in storage or something that you have more than one of that you could give away.  I don’t mean simply to a thrift store, but intentionally, and directly to someone who needs it?


How can you live with less?


What are the first 3 steps you can take to live with less?

We can be the change we seek in this world. and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One hand UP at a time.

Royal D. Bush serves as a Multifaith Chaplain with Inclusive Life.  He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. Chaplain Royal shares two important messages: You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.  And: Now is time in this world that every human being is called to life up the weak, offer a hand UP to the impoverished, cherish our elders and stand up for the oppressed. 


Chaplain Royal officiates weddings and funerals in Iowa and Nebraska.  He is available for premarital coaching, couples coaching, life coaching, pastoral care and hospital visits.

Inclusive Life offers both nondenominational and nonreligious care: serving all, without exception!   Inclusive Life offers Wedding Ministers, Premarital Coaching, Couples Coaching, Funeral Ministers, End of Life Planning, Pastoral Care, and Pathways Worship.

CONTACT US:
402-575-7006
105 S. 49th Street Omaha, NE 68132
500 Willow Ave Council Bluffs, IA 51503

Omaha Weddings. Omaha Counseling. Omaha Funerals, Nebraska Weddings
Council Bluffs Weddings, Council Bluffs Counseling, Council Bluffs Funeral, Iowa Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment