Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Enlightenment


I received an email from someone who read this blog.  After reviewing other blog entries, and the Inclusive Life website, they asked if I believe in God.  I replied yes.  Then they asked if I have ever read the Bible.  I replied yes.  They asked how I could promote such an agenda if I believe in God and have read the Bible.  I replied: Do you believe in God and do you read the Bible.  The God that I know from reading the Bible is one of love, acceptance and not of condemnation, hate and fire.  They didn’t respond again.

As an openly gay man I have never struggled with my sexual orientation.  I knew in the 6th grade that I was gay.  Period.  I knew after going to church for first time that I believed in God.  Period.  I know as a 43 year old man that I pay taxes, I vote, I am give back to my community.  And I still long for the day that my government allows me freedom, protection and equality from the “state of religion” that seems to be governing this country today.

The Dalai Lama said “Brute force, no matter how strongly applied, can never subdue the basic human desire for freedom and dignity. It is not enough, as communist systems have assumed, merely to provide people with food, shelter and clothing. Human nature needs to breathe the precious air of liberty.”

I do believe in God.  I believe in a lot of other life principles, lessons and values.  I don’t like to place a label on my faith beliefs as they are sacred and meaningful to me.  I do not fit in your box, your category or share your exact same beliefs.  That does not make me, or you, a bad person, an evil person or a person that will go to “hell.”  What it does make me, is me.  I believe that if all lived by a frame of thought that the sacred, the life force, the enlightenment in me recognizes, honors and respect the same in you, that would make the world such a better place to live.

Namate!


We can be the change we seek in this world. and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  No pointing fingers.

Royal D. Bush serves as a Multifaith Chaplain with Inclusive Life.  He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. Chaplain Royal shares two important messages: You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.  And: Now is time in this world that every human being is called to life up the weak, offer a hand UP to the impoverished, cherish our elders and stand up for the oppressed. 


Chaplain Royal officiates weddings and funerals in Iowa and Nebraska.  He is available for premarital coaching, couples coaching, life coaching, pastoral care and hospital visits.

Inclusive Life offers both nondenominational and nonreligious care: serving all, without exception!   Inclusive Life offers Wedding Ministers, Premarital Coaching, Couples Coaching, Funeral Ministers, End of Life Planning, Pastoral Care, and Pathways Worship.

CONTACT US:
402-575-7006
105 S. 49th Street Omaha, NE 68132
500 Willow Ave Council Bluffs, IA 51503

Omaha Weddings. Omaha Counseling. Omaha Funerals, Nebraska Weddings
Council Bluffs Weddings, Council Bluffs Counseling, Council Bluffs Funeral, Iowa Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment