Friday, December 23, 2011

Earths Wonders


"It's below freezing outside," I thought to myself as I glanced at my watch knowing it was time to go out and start my car that had been sitting outside all night and head home.  One would think that growing up and living in Nebraska most all of my life I would understand that concept that it was winter and I did live in Nebraska.  The ultra cold days where being outside for seconds takes your breath away are not my ideas of great weather.


We had one year a while back that winter was cold, record breaking cold.  It was long, record breaking long.  And it was depressing, it was lifeless.  Gray.  Mean.  Unforgiving.  And inflexible.  It has seemed that the life force had been sucked out dry… and nature had nothing to offer.  The birds flew south, insects tucked away, snakes warm and asleep.  Many months went by without a glimpse of bright sunshine. 


As I walked to my car, I look out into the field in front of my car and noticed that the snow on the ground was undisturbed, fresh, brand new.  How could I have missed this before in my life?  There were so many lessons for me to realize.  Then I looked up and found three more.  A family of three deer grazing at 7am (an unusual time for them to be eating) they saw me, they heard me and they were at one with me for a while, being less than 50 feet from me.


Today I will be mindful of the beauty that there is in this world, given freely for us all to take in, respect, harness, behold.  I am most thankful for planet earth, this country, my community and my life.


We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One wonder at a time.

Royal D. Bush serves as Interfaith Chaplain.  He has studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He also holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. He is available for premarital coaching, couples coaching, life coaching, and pastoral care in the Nebraska and Iowa area.

Inclusive Life offers both nondenominational and nonreligious care-serving all, without exception!  Inclusive Life offers Wedding MinistersPremarital CoachingCouples CoachingFuneral MinistersEnd of Life Planning, and Pastoral Care. To reach Chaplain Royal or Chaplain Beth please email info@inclusivelife.org OR phone 402-575-7006. Omaha Weddings, Omaha Counseling, Omaha Funerals

No comments:

Post a Comment