Friday, December 30, 2011

Doors


Doors.  When you exit one, it creates an opening on the other side…  So even those times that we make an exit that may not be on our terms or in our plans, it can still be viewed as an opportunity.


And what an opportunity did I have many years ago.  I have been in three serious, committed relationships in my life.  The first two involve people whom I remain friends with today.  That is important to me.


The third and my current has been one of the most fantastic journeys I have had in life.  Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it!


I sought someone who will love me, care for me, and engage me as much as I love them, care for them and engage them.  Someone who would challenge me, hold me accountable, and love me despite who I can be sometimes.


On Christmas Eve we traveled to Woodbury, CT to be with family.  Nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, grandparents, parents and in-laws made for a great venue of love, peace and the perfect setting to ask for a hand in marriage!


I bought a Hallmark story book that you narrate using your own voice, I just happened to add a few verses at the end of the recording that allowed me to ask the question, will you marry me.
The family was supportive, excited and displayed unconditional love.  It brings me to tears just thinking of that specific moment.


Jonathan and I will be wed next year.  We both view this as an important step in our 4 year relationship AND an important leap for the community at large by saying here is a couple who claim their full citizenry and refuse to be considered second class citizens or play into the logic of those whose fundamentalist views of religions makes us anything less than whole, loved, worthy, beautiful and good.


We can be the change we seek in this world. and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One door at a time.

Royal D. Bush serves as a Multifaith Chaplain with Inclusive Life.  He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He also holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. Chaplain Royal shares two important messages: You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.  And: Now is time in this world that every human being is called to life up the weak, offer a hand UP to the impoverished, cherish our elders and stand up for the oppressed.  Chaplain Royal is available in Omaha for premarital coaching, couples coaching, life coaching and pastoral care.  He is also here to help with marriage ceremonies, end of life planning and funerals.


Inclusive Life offers both nondenominational and nonreligious care-serving all, without exception!   Inclusive Life offers Wedding Ministers, Premarital Coaching, Couples Coaching, Funeral Ministers, End of Life Planning, Pastoral Care, and Pathways Worship.

To reach Chaplain Royal or Chaplain Beth please email info@inclusivelife.org OR phone
402-575-7006. 105 S. 49th Street Omaha, NE and 500 Willow Ave Council Bluffs, IA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment