Sunday, October 16, 2011

Words

“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter” says James Earl Jones.  I recall some of those times and remember that I was scared, upset, grief stricken, mad as hell, hurt, and yes in love and feeling good!  I remember singing these words in Church… “Be still and know that God is God.”  Be still and now that silence can be as powerful as the biggest word.

“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter”, those words spoken by James Earl Jones.  Perhaps it is words of thanks, love or apology.  Perhaps they are words of regret, sorrow or friendship.

Whatever the words, sometimes they are written on our hearts so large (like size 100 font, bold, underlined and blinking!)  But in that snap moment the very line between our heart, our mind and our mouths snaps and is just not connected.  You know, kind of like Arthur Fonzarelli trying to get the word “Sorry” out… (If I dated myself, sorry!) aaaaaaaey!

I recall some of those moments for me and I remember that I was scared, upset, grief stricken, mad as hell, hurt, and yes in love and feeling good! 

I talked earlier this week about words, the ones we choose to use.  Perhaps sometimes words choose us.  In these moments when the words just refuse to leave my mouth I know my body language and eyes have said much, but the without that very word I wanted to, needed to, just had to share maybe the moment was more beautiful without it.  Sometimes less is more, sometimes it is what was NOT said that IS really the most important.

I remember singing these words in Church… “Be still and know that God is God.  Be Still and Know that God is God.  Be still and know that God is God.”  That will resonate with many of my friends, not all.  For me it speaks loudly on my connection with the Sacred and my life journey. 

I can be the change that I seek in this world.  One day, one journey, one person, one word  or ONE piece of silence at a time.  Peace, Love and Health for us all!  Happy Sunday!

Chaplain Royal Bush and Chaplain Beth Loofe are Interfaith Chaplains offering nondenominational and nonreligious care and services to all, without exception in Nebraska and Iowa. They conduct WeddingsPremarital Coaching, Couples Coaching,Funerals, End of Life Planning, and Pastoral Care. For more information please email info@inclusivelife.org OR phone 402-575-7006. Omaha Weddings, Omaha Counseling, Omaha Funerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment