Sunday, November 10, 2013

2013 Week 44

Each Sunday I share a photo and word that represents what I am grateful for and brief message.

GRATEFUL WORD:
POWER
I posted on FaceBook this week that our roommates son Kavon wasn’t feeling well.  The next 48 hours of his life would begin a journey him and his family were not expecting.  They quickly learned he had a tumor, it was malignant, it exploded, he had a seizure, he was transferred to a different hospital. 

I asked my network of family, friends, and allies to do what you do: pray, send love, send power, send energy, light a candle, meditate, share what you have where you are at.  And they did.

I was asked by the family to visit Kavon and lead a prayer with him.  As Kavon’s father and I walked into the hospital I "knew" every one of your voices, I held them in my heart and in my hands. My hands shook.  I carried the love, prayers and everything that each person has shared with that young man.

Kavon looked incredible. I made eye contact with him right away.  He is fighting! He is scared. And he looks comfortable. Mom, dad, and caregivers are being vigilant about his needs, care and health. As we gathered in prayer I held in my hand each of your prayers, energy, love, thoughts, and lights.

It was so powerful. I know it was good, healing, and beautiful. For that, I give thanks for the power that resides in each of us. And for each person who shared (knowingly or not), thank you.  Kavon begins a week of radiation 5 days in a row beginning Monday. He will need our continued attention.

2013 Week photo:

Chaplain Royal
INCLUSIVE LIFE PASTORAL SERVICES AND HOLISTIC CARE
3622 Leavenworth Street Omaha, NE 68105
OFFICE: (402) 575-7006  TEXT: (402) 909-1668

We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves. 
One day.  One journey.  One person, at a time.
May peace, love and compassion be with you…AND from you!




Royal D. Bush is a locally licensed and ordained minister at Inclusive Life.  He shares this message to all: “You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment