Thursday, January 24, 2013

Preparing the service


I have prepared the order of service and all of the content for many funerals.  I actually enjoy working with families to ask the questions to be able to tell the life story of their loved one.

In helping prepare that very content for my mom has been a journey within a journey.  We will be sharing some words to honor the love and care given by the care givers at the nursing home.  I was a little surprised as I put the words together how quickly and deeply the tears streamed from my eyes as I was recalling specific moments with staff and mom.  The words seem so fitting, true, and represent the love they shared.

I am have restarted writing moms life story a few times.  It seems that I have knack for either telling too much or skipping to many years.  I will find the balance soon.
I found a quote I like about grieving… “Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.”   -John Green.  I do believe this.  Each journey is different, and unique to each person and family, and that is ok.

Rev. Royal D. Bush is the founder of Inclusive Life, where he serves as a multifaith Chaplain.  He shares this message to all: “You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.” 

Chaplain Royal is available for Premarital Coaching, Couples Coaching, Grief Support, End of Life Planning, Hospital Visits, Baptisms, Blessings, Dedications, Officiate Weddings, Officiate Funerals, Public Speaking, and other Pastoral Care.

ABOUT INCLUSIVE LIFE PASTORAL SERVICES…
Religious, nonreligious, spiritual, we serve all without exception.
info@inclusivelife.org
OFFICE (402) 575-7006          TEXT (402) 909-1668
3622 Leavenworth Street Omaha, NE 68105

No comments:

Post a Comment