Saturday, January 5, 2013

Before Kindergarten, Bellevue, NE

I was born in 1967 at Children's Hospital.  My family was living in Bellevue at the time.  I recall times prior to being in Kindergarten at Bertha Barbara Elementary School.  

I remember that we lived at 307 East 16th Street and that I had a dog named Tags (a black lab.)  She was outside in her pen with no chain but she never tried jumping.  She was a good dog, was always there to lick my face.

I know that next door the McCoy family lived.  Mom babysat for Gary and Loraine.  Lisa and Lori and I would play often.  Across the street two families, one was the Johnson family and the other was the Lane family.  To the other side of us was the Smith's (big family) and when they moved the Park's.

I remember hanging out with mom, spending time in the yard.  I remember we had a lot of ferns, on the East side of the house.   I had a sand box.  And I knew I had a lot of toys.  Match box cars, legos', GI Joe stuff, Lincoln Logs and so much more.

Mrs. Elefson (not sure on spelling) was my first teacher.  I liked school.  I liked her.  I remember playing games, the sand box in the class room, nap time, playing house and building wooden train set tracks under her desk was "big deal"????!!!

I remember walking downtown with mom and there always seemed to be kids with us.  I am not sure who they are, but there was always kids with us it seemed.

I remember going trick or treating and wearing my superman costume.  We would get caramel apples, popcorn balls, and good candy.   It was great!










No comments:

Post a Comment