Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Three


Our Third, and final complete-day on the Island was interesting for me, I began to feel a little sad.  I REALLY enjoyed myself in ways that I never have, and I didn’t want it to end.  And I knew it was going to soon.  The day began with Linda preparing pancakes for us for breakfast.  They tasted incredible.  We sat around the house and talked a bit.  Caught up on time, life, family and faith. 

The night before, we ate dinner outside on the picnic table and we all shared a bit about our journey.  Today it seemed focused on family, sharing about our own journeys. 

I enjoyed lobster for the very first time in my life.  (Yes, I am a 44 year old mid-westerner that has never eaten lobster before.)  It was very good.  And I AM addicted to Lobster Bisque soup and fried clams!

Having time to slow down and have meaningful, deep and intentional conversations with family is important, it is healing, it is good!  I enjoyed getting to know Peter more, Linda, more, Jonathan more and yes, myself more.


It seems that in a time that is filled with nothing except email mails, text messages, a brief phone call here and there, it is good that we spend time and “be” with one another.  Facial expressions, personal habits and all.  Soak in it, for we will not have each other forever!


We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves. 
One day.  One journey.  One person, at a time.
May peace, love and compassion be with you…AND from you!

Rev. Royal D. Bush is the founder of Inclusive Life, where he serves as a multifaith Chaplain.  He shares this message to all: “You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.”  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary.  He holds a current certificate of spiritual counseling with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling and is a member of Spiritual Directors International.  He actively volunteers and remains active in many social justice issues.

Contac me:
402-575-7006
3622 Leavenworth Street Omaha, NE 68105

No comments:

Post a Comment