Monday, March 12, 2012

Silence

NOTE: http://www.inclusivelife.org/category/blog/ will soon be the home of the Inclusive Life Blog beginning April 1, 2012.


Silence is golden.  It is said that true friendship comes only when silence is comfortable.  Do you mean two people can sit together, not say a word and be happy?  YES, that is exactly what we mean.

I have always been a talker.  I especially love talking to people whom I have never met.  Connecting for a moment as if we had been lifelong friends, I love that.  It is only been in the last couple of years that I have learned to be a listener.  I am still working on it. 

Listening requires more than shutting up.  It requires more than just hearing.  It requires you to free your mind from thoughts, preconceived notions an wait for each word that is spoken, how it is offered and where it came from.  It is about not adding words, making suggestions or interrupting.


It is also about learning that silence is, in fact, golden.  It can be healing, powerful and beautiful just being in the presence with someone.

I believe the thing I need much more practice at is being silent with myself.  I usually must always be doing something, staying plugged in, typing or calling someone.  Silence is golden.

I am grateful for the experiences of friendship and love that have taught me a great deal of many lessons in communicating.  I don’t know if I will ever “master” communication, and I will continue to try to be a good listener.  And appreciate silence when it comes.


We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One moment of silence at a time.

Royal D. Bush serves as a Multifaith Chaplain with Inclusive Life.  He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. Chaplain Royal shares two important messages: You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.  And: Now is time in this world that every human being is called to life up the weak, offer a hand UP to the impoverished, cherish our elders and stand up for the oppressed.


Inclusive Life.  Non denominational. Non religious. Weddings. Premarital Coaching. Pastoral Care. End of Life Planning. Couples Coaching. Funeral Ceremonies.  Hospital Visits.  We serve all without exception.

CONTACT US:
www.inclusivelife.org (NEW WEB SITE)
402-575-7006
105 S. 49th Street Omaha, NE 68132
500 Willow Ave Council Bluffs, IA 51503

Omaha Weddings. Omaha Counseling. Omaha Funerals, Nebraska Weddings
Council Bluffs Weddings, Council Bluffs Counseling, Council Bluffs Funeral, Iowa Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment