Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Honoring our pets


For many, pets (many shapes, sizes, types, colors, weights, and ages) are considered our family.  To many of those who have had pets, they understand.  And, there are many who think the idea of considering animals “family” is crazy talk.  I do believe that animals are often much smarter than many give them credit for.  Their knowing glance, touch, purr, bark, waggle, movement, or just them being.  We take time to honor the memory of our family members no longer with us…


I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.
-Author Unknown

We can be the change we seek in this world. and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One life at a time.
Royal D. Bush serves as a Multifaith Chaplain with Inclusive Life.  He studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and with the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. Chaplain Royal shares two important messages: You are beautiful, you are loved and you are worthy, just the way you are.  And: Now is time in this world that every human being is called to life up the weak, offer a hand UP to the impoverished, cherish our elders and stand up for the oppressed.
Inclusive Life.  Non denominational. Non religious. Weddings. Premarital Coaching. Pastoral Care. End of Life Planning. Couples Coaching. Funeral Ceremonies.  Hospital Visits.  We serve all without exception.

CONTACT US:
www.inclusivelife.org (NEW WEB SITE)
402-575-7006
105 S. 49th Street Omaha, NE 68132
500 Willow Ave Council Bluffs, IA 51503

Omaha Weddings. Omaha Counseling. Omaha Funerals, Nebraska Weddings
Council Bluffs Weddings, Council Bluffs Counseling, Council Bluffs Funeral, Iowa Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment