Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Can you see me? Can you hear me?


This will be a three part series of my recent trip to Ogden, Utah.

Part Three.  Can you see me?  Can you hear me?

I have been to the Salt Lake City area many times in my life.  The great Salt Lake, those hilly things.. oh yes, they are called mountains here.  (In Council Bluffs they are called foot hills.  Maybe because they are a little smaller)

I have NEVER noticed the mountains before.  Yes my eyes were open, and the mountains were just not in my visual range until this trip.  I heard them too!  I have never been called by nature to this degree in my life.  My former pastor talked about how “heaven” for him can be spending time laying on the edge of a cliff or hiking or running.  I heard what he was saying, but never ‘got it’.  This trip, I got it.  I hear it.  I see it.  I feel it.  I know it.  I don’t understand all that it is saying yet.

Catching up with the many friends out here was great.  Spending time with Phillip was incredible.  Seeing so many older friends and making many new connections was a great part of this trip. 

25th Street in Ogden is filled with great shopping, great food and lively music on the weekends.  A hip, happening place to be.  Who would have thought?  Comfortable AND progressive. 

I was sad to go home as I felt that I had unfinished business there.  I didn’t know what it was but I know that I have some things that either the mountains will help me understand or being in Ogden will help me on my life journey with.  Only time will tell which or both!

There is light at the end of any tunnel.  I hope that as I continue my journey of life that I continue to seek the light, seek enlightenment and trust the journey it takes me on.  I love all that I know to be sacred. 

We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One mountain at a time.

Royal D. Bush serves as Interfaith Chaplain.  He has studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He also holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. He is available for premarital coaching, couples coaching, life coaching, and pastoral care in the Nebraska and Iowa area.

Inclusive Life offers both nondenominational and nonreligious care-serving all, without exception!  Inclusive Life offers Wedding MinistersPremarital Coaching, Couples Coaching, Funeral Ministers, End of Life Planning, and Pastoral Care. To reach Chaplain Royal or Chaplain Beth please email info@inclusivelife.org OR phone 402-575-7006. Omaha Weddings, Omaha Counseling, Omaha Funerals

No comments:

Post a Comment