Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Morning Memory


Growing up in small town Bellevue, I would ride my bike a mile or two to get milk or bread.  Sometimes I would forget the money at home or drop a quarter, and the store always sent me home with what we needed and mom settled up the next time she was in.  I never feared traveling without my mom.  I knew when to be home and where I was allowed to go.  And didn’t change course without her knowing.  (can you believe we did this without email, text messages or cell phones?)  LOL

I wonder if anyone would allow children to travel 1-2 miles on a bike today, alone?  Would a store send a child home without full payment?  I find comfort knowing I experienced life during a time that life was like that… safe, happy, community, predictable. 

I know that times change, people change, I get that.  I think it would be nice if we could maintain a type of world that would allow for those same experiences for others.

I CAN BE THE CHANGE I SEEK IN THIS WORLD…  I can remember that I am a reflection of my community just as my community mirrors who lives in it.

We know that up to 70% of the population in America does not attend worship on a regular basis.  Who can individuals, couples and families turn to when they need care & services traditionally found by a place of worship?  US!  We are Inclusive Life, and we serve all without exception.  Wedding Officiant’s-Premarital & Couples Coaching-Funeral Ministers-Pastoral Care.

(402) 575-7006     www.inclusivelife.org     [TEXT ‘ceremony’ to 90210 for TEXT info!]
Inclusive Life is very proud to be a member of “All About Weddings”, a local organization focusing on bringing together premier local vendors that provide wedding services.  Inclusive Life is a member in good standing with American Association of Wedding Officiant’s.  We receive training from the International Association of Faith Based Counselors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment