Saturday, January 7, 2012

Interfaith. Multifaith. Faith. No faith.


It is a standard, historically in current day, that when a church is established the titular head of the group who was called to organize and lead is granted or installed as the pastor.  With the creation of Inclusive Life I did not identify with the title pastor or reverend, they seemed (in my view) too narrow for the scope of the work I was seeking to begin a journey for.  Chaplain seemed to be the closest match.


I certainly bit off more than I could chew!  I know that now.  I also know that there are some “industry standard” meanings as it relates to the common use of the title Chaplain, and I accept that as well.  Adding a descriptive word helped, Interfaith Chaplain.  As I continue my studies, grow and learn I was mistaken about the use of that word as well. 


My work is about celebrating and learning about EACH religion and life paths of others and not how they can be somehow inter-woven together.  Multifath Chaplain much more describes accurately the path, the focus and the work that I am doing with Inclusive Life.


AND it IS important for us to take time to give time and recognition on how various religions can work together.  On September 23 in 2010, H.M. King Abdullah II of Jordan proposed at the UN General Assembly to observe “The World Interfaith Harmony Week”.  The observation was unanimously approved and slated for the first week of February of each year.


The World Interfaith Harmony Week is based on the pioneering work of The Common Word initiative. This initiative, which started in 2007, called for Muslim and Christian leaders to engage in a dialogue based on two common fundamental religious Commandments; Love of God, and Love of the Neighbor, without nevertheless compromising any of their own religious tenets. The Two commandments are at the heart of the three Monotheistic religions and therefore provide the most solid theological ground possible.


The World Interfaith Harmony Week extends the Two Commandments by adding ‘Love of the Good, and Love of the Neighbor’. This formula includes all people of goodwill. It includes those of other faiths, and those with no faith.

I hope that before I close my eyes for the final time in this world that I know that our world loves one another for who they are, not what they are; and with no regard for their religion. 

We can be the change we seek in this world, and in ourselves.  One day.  One journey.  One person.  One life path at a time.

Royal D. Bush serves as Interfaith Chaplain.  He has studied at Andersonville Theological Seminary, and the International Institute of Faith Based Counseling.  He also holds a Bachelor Degree in business administration. He is available for premarital coaching, couples coaching, life coaching, and pastoral care in the Nebraska and Iowa area.

Inclusive Life offers both nondenominational and nonreligious care-serving all, without exception!  Inclusive Life offers Wedding MinistersPremarital CoachingCouples CoachingFuneral MinistersEnd of Life Planning, and Pastoral Care. To reach Chaplain Royal or Chaplain Beth please email info@inclusivelife.org OR phone 402-575-7006. Omaha Weddings, Omaha Counseling, Omaha Funerals

No comments:

Post a Comment